The Spring 2023 School of Music and Dance Commencement Ceremony will be held Tuesday, June 20th at 1:00 pm in Beall Concert Hall. For information on the Spring 2023 University of Oregon Commencement Ceremony visit commencement.uoregon.edu.
TUESDAY, JUNE 20, 2023
SOMD Commencement Ceremony for the Graduating Class of 2023
1:00 pm, Beall Concert Hall
Tickets Required (See details below)
Ceremony will be Live-Streamed.
To participate in the SOMD ceremony, graduates of the class of 2023 need to:
- Complete the 2023 SOMD Commencement Qualtrics Survey (This survey will open Week 2 of Spring Term 2023)
- AND Apply for their degree (Spring 2023 Term Deadlines: Graduate students/Gradweb April 14, 2023, Undergraduate students/Duckweb April 30, 2023);
- AND get guest tickets for the ceremony (if people are coming to watch).
Guest Ticket Information and Policy
Due to the size of our 2023 graduating class, seating in Beall Hall will reach capacity. Each student who registers to participate in our commencement ceremony may reserve two guest tickets in Beall Hall. Overflow seating will be available in the Music Building where the ceremony will be live-streamed.
- Graduation tickets are released to be claimed in two waves.
- WAVE 1: Tuesday, May 16 - Thursday, June 8
- Two (2) guest tickets may be claimed by each graduate.
- Graduates must use promo code GRAD23 to secure seats.
- Graduate will use their own name for the account in which the tickets are registered.
- Those who reserve more than two (2) seats will have additional tickets/orders cancelled.
- WAVE 2: Monday, June 12 - Friday, June 16
- A graduate may claim up to two (2) more tickets, based on availability.
- All tickets will be sent electronically on Saturday, June 17
On the Day of the Ceremony
- Any tickets not redeemed 15 minutes before the ceremony starts will be released on a first come first serve basis to anyone without a ticket.
- If your guest is late, and their ticket is reassigned, they will be invited to watch the ceremony in the overflow area where the ceremony will be live-streamed.
- Overflow and family-friendly seating will be located in Thelma Schnitzer Hall (Music Building Room 163).
- Doors to both Beall Concert Hall and the overflow room are scheduled to open at 12:15 p.m.
- SPECIAL SEATING ACCOMMODATIONS must be arranged in advance by speaking with the SOMD Facilities Office directly before June 12th. Please contact SOMDscheduling@uoregon.edu
- Submit a request before June 1st if in need of audience accommodations by visiting the Accessible Education Center Support Services.
Eligibility to Participate
You may participate in the 2023 SOMD ceremony if you have:
- Graduated Fall 2022 or Winter 2023; Or applied for your degree for Spring 2023; Or will complete your degree requirements in Summer 2023.
- Completed the 2023 SOMD Commencement Qualtrics Survey by Monday, May 22. This is NOT your degree application.
Students graduating in 2023 who do not complete these two steps run the risk of not participating in the ceremony or may not receive guest tickets.