Policies outlined on this webpage pertain to University of Oregon students majoring in either dance or music (enrolled at either the graduate or undergraduate level). General UO students who are not majoring in dance nor music must pay posted student ticket prices, as must students attending other schools, colleges, and universities.
Events in Frohnmayer Music Buidling
Including Beall Concert Hall, Aasen-Hull Hall (room 190), and Thelma Schnitzer Hall (room 163)
Students majoring in either dance or music (enrolled at either the graduate or undergraduate level) can attend many performances in the Frohnmayer Music Building for free. Included are events such as:
- UO music student ensembles
- UO music student recitals
- Concerts and recitals by UO music faculty members
- Guest artists hosted by the SOMD
Students can receive one complimentary admission to these events by showing their SOMD ID card at the box office. Music students are given this card automatically. Dance students who would like a card can contact the Department of Dance.
Excluded from this policy are certain series for which all students must pay an admission charge, including:
- UO gospel ensembles
- the UO World Music Series
- the ChamberMusic@Beall Series
- external organizations renting music facilities (such as the Oregon Bach Festival, Oregon Mozart Players, Eugene Symphonic Band, and Women's Choral Society)
Events in Dougherty Dance Theatre
Some events in the Dougherty Dance Theatre offer free admission. Others require a small admission charge for students. For paid events, students majoring in either dance or music must pay the student admission fee.